Mental health information during crisis is important. Alberta Health Services has information and a number of resources available for Albertans and our staff to help.
Mental health resources are posted here, www.ahs.ca/helpintoughtimes.
COVID-19 Online Resources
For helpful advice on handling stressful situations and ways to talk to children.
- Coping and Connection for Children & Families During COVID-19 (AHS)
- COVID-19 and Your Mental Health (AHS)
- Practical and Emotional Preparedness for a Pandemic (AHS)
- Mental health and coping with COVID-19 (CDC)
- Talking with children about COVID-19 (CDC)
Alberta Health Services has launched #Text4Hope, a free service that will send a daily text of support during these challenging times.
You can text COVID19Hope to 393939 to subscribe.
211 is free, confidential, multilingual and available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Don’t like talking on the phone? Online chat is available from 12-8pm daily at ab.211.ca.