UPCOMING ROAD CLOSURES
1. Bow Trail: between Old Banff Coach Rd./Strathcona Blvd. and 85 St. S.W.
2. 85 Street S.W.: between Wentworth Dr. and Strathlea Ave./Aspenshire Dr. S.W.
3. All right and left turn lanes at the intersection of Bow Tr. and 85 St. S.W. will be closed
• Friday, May 22 at 7 a.m. until Sunday, May 24 at 10 p.m.
• Friday, May 29 at 7 a.m. until Sunday, May 31 at 10 p.m.
These closures are to allow crews to complete all final road work, including milling and final paving.
– The intersection will remain open at Wentworth Dr., to access 85 St. S.W. and businesses & residences to the north.
– The intersection will remain open at Strathlea Ave./Aspenshire Dr., to access 85 St. S.W. and businesses & residences to the south.
– People driving are recommended to use Old Banff Coach Road and 17 Ave. S.W., to travel east and west.
– Pedestrians will be detoured around the closure, at the intersection of Bow Tr./85 St. S.W.
We sincerely thank you for your patience, while we work to complete final road construction. We anticipate all remaining road construction for Bow Trail widening will be complete following this closure. Final landscaping work will be complete by summer 2020.
Note: Construction schedules may need to be adjusted based on any unexpected weather conditions.
Background: Widening Bow Trail makes it better for people travelling in the area now and when the West Ring Road opens in
2022. With two additional Bow Trail lanes and extra turning lanes at the Old Banff Coach Rd and 85 St. SW. intersections, capacity increases for the future ring road connection and residential and commercial development in the area. New crosswalks, sidewalks, crossings and pathways improve connections for the growing communities; whether for recreation, accessing nearby amenities, or commuting.