Do you have a great idea for an art project in your neighbourhood? We are inviting Calgarians to develop ideas for community-run public art projects that will support the local economy and strengthen our community through artistic exploration. Calgarians and community groups are encouraged to team up with artists at all levels to explore any form of public art in any part of the city.
Funding Amount: $500 to $4500 is available to support your ideas
See the call for community-initiated public art projects for details and choose one of the project themes:
- Uncover little-known stories about the city or overlooked histories
- Focus on justice, inclusion, and human dignity
- Foster truth & reconciliation
- Explore stories of your community
- Bring beauty, joy, whimsy and hope
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 30, 2020. Be sure to apply early, as funding is limited and evaluations take place every two weeks until all funding is allocated
Application Evaluation Process
Projects will be rated out of a score of 10 based on:
- How well they achieve one of the themes (3 points)
- Community participation – how will you include community members, residents, etc. in this project? (4 points)
- How the project will benefit the community (3 points)
At the end of your project, you’ll be asked to complete this Report Back.
June 18, 2020: application process is open.
- July 19 – September 30, 2020: applications are reviewed every two weeks by an advisory committee, applicants are notified and successful applications processed.
- September 30, 2020: deadline to submit an application form to email@example.com. Communities should apply early as funding is limited and evaluations take place every two weeks until all funding is allocated.
- August – December 2020: Funding recipients carry out their community project.
- Within 60 days of your project’s completion: Funding recipients are required to complete a survey about your experiences, including images and how the funds were spent.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.