Join us this Family Day for fun family activities including:
- Snowman Building Competition (see below for more info)
- Craft Market
- $2 Lunch Special (Hot dog, Chips & Pop)
- Outdoor Family Friendly activities
Calling all SCA residents … do you think you have what it takes to build an amazing snowman? If so, enter our official Snowman Building Competition, which will be judged at our Family Day Winter Festival. You can build something traditional or not and enter one of three categories to win a prize. See below for the official rules and for more details on how to enter. Good luck and may the best snowman win!
Volunteers are needed! If you can help, please sign up at: volunteersignup.org/7XEFA
Please note: Vaccine record and face coverings are mandatory if entering the building.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
2022 Snowman Contest Information, Rules and Guidelines
The Strathcona, Christie and Aspen Community Association is holding a contest to find the best snowman builders in the community. Take a picture of your masterpiece and submit it to the SCA to be judged. Individuals, families, groups and businesses are welcome to participate. There will be three categories that will each receive a prize.
- Entrants are to build their snowman in their own backyard or any park within our community and be appropriate for public display.
- If there happens to be no snow, then use your imagination to the fullest and try using different materials – whatever you’d like.
- Snowmen should be built and photos submitted by February 19th
- Individuals/teams are encouraged to use accessories and any creative touches that will make their creation unique.
- Some participants may choose to create a traditional snowman where others venture into something more unique (animal, movie character, etc.)
- By entering the contest and sending your picture, you are providing permission for that picture to be published for any reasonable advertising.
- One submission per category and one prize will be awarded for each winning snowman.
- Judging will be conducted on February 21st during our Winter festival.
- Take a photograph of your snowman and submit your photo by February 19th.
- Provide all contact details including name, address, phone number, email address and ages of any children participating.
- Register in one of the following categories
- Ages 10 and under
- Ages 11 – 17
- Ages 18+
- Email submissions to email@example.com
- Winners will be contacted on February 22, 2022