Little Medical School – Career Health Expo (ages 6-12)
In this Little Medical School – Career Health Expo Summer Camp, students will have an unforgettable summer where children will get to explore careers in the field of healthcare with hands-on interactive instruction, role play, crafts and games. Children will have so much fun as they learn what it is like to be real doctors, veterinarians, sports medicine physicians, pediatricians, dentists, pharmacists, nutritionists and wilderness medicine physicians. By participating in these role-playing experiences, Little Medical School® is inspiring tomorrow’s health professionals today!
Every student will receive a lightweight white doctor’s coat and worksheets to use during class and to take home at the end of the program.
July 13 to 17, 2020 Monday to Friday 9 am – 4 pm
Register at: www.littlemedicalschool.com/calgary
Cost: $ 275
- What is it like to be a Medical Doctor
- What’s in the Doctor’s Bag
- That is Gross!
- What is it like to be a Pediatrician
- Baby is Born
- Emergencies and Vaccinations on Babies
- What is it like to be a Sports Doctor
- Sports Medicine 101
- Common Problems Playing Sports
- What is it like to be a Nurse
- What’s in the Nurse Pocket
- Shots and Vaccination
- What is it like to be a Pharmacist
- Pharmacist Work Station
- Pharmacy – Prescription and Dosage
- What is it like to be a Nutritionist
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Switcheroo Foods (Healthy Options)
- What is it like to be a Dentist
- Dental 101
- Preventive Dental Check up and Home Care
- What is it like to be a Veterinarian?
- Veterinarian’s Office
- Introduction to Dog Body Language
- Wilderness Medicine
- Tourniquet and Broken Legs
- Water/Swimming Safety
Disclaimer: Schedule maybe subject to change without prior notice.
Please provide your child with 2 peanut free snacks and lunch to bring to camp. No before and after care will be provided. Child needs to be picked up promptly at 4 pm.